- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected. Personal information is processed mainly for the following purposes:
- We will collect, use and disclose personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain your consent of or as required by law.
- We will authorise third parties to use your personal information only to the extent necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements and we strive to ensure that each user’s personal information is always protected.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes specified by us as well as for other compatible purposes, for purposes consented to by you or as required by law.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with your knowledge or consent.
- You will have the right to access, limit, oppose and delete your personal information, and to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time.
- Personal information should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-todate. To this end you will have the right to access your personal information and to request that we rectify the information collected, in the event that it is incomplete or contains any errors.
- We will protect personal information by means of reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information readily available to customers.
- We will ensure that any personal information transferred to a country outside of South Africa is afforded the same level of data protection under POPI. In such a case, we will ensure that, either:
- The country has a law that provides adequate protection; or
- There is an agreement between ourselves and the receiver of the personal information that provides adequate protection.
- We will ensure that you will have the right to access, rectify, limit, oppose and delete personal information about yourself. You will also be allowed to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
By making use of this website, you consent:
1. to the processing of your personal information in accordance with the terms hereof.
2. that you are aware that in the event that your personal information is misused, you have the right to file a complaint with the Information Regulator at email: firstname.lastname@example.org.